Sausage with Peppers & Onions:
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered with skin left on
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4″ slices
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chili, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
Heat some oil in a dutch oven over high heat. When the oil is smoking hot, add the potatoes with plenty of salt and pepper. When everything is mixed together, cover and turn the heat down to low and cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Deglaze the pan with half of the wine toward the end and scrape up all the brown bits fromt he bottom. Allow most of the wine to evaporate before proceeding.
When the potatoes are tender, transfer them to a bowl and cover to keep them warm. Turn the heat up to medium and add some more oil to the pot and brown the kielbasa, in batches if necessary. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside, keeping warm.
Add a dash more oil to the pan along with the garlic and chili pepper. Stir fry for just 20-30 seconds until the garlic starts to brown. Toss in the onion and peppers along with more salt and pepper and the rosemary as needed. Stir everything together and cook the veggies for 5-7 minutes, until they start to soften and get some brown color to them. Deglaze the pan again with the remaining wine and stir the kielbasa and potatoes back in.
Give everything another big stir and then serve.